- Do you find yourself getting irritated or frustrated with everyone and everything around you?
- Are you stressed about school, home and reacting impulsively – perhaps lashing out verbally and regretting it later?
- Can you name the emotion you are feeling right now accurately?
What if you discovered that by becoming more aware of your emotions and of those around you – in the moment – that you could improve your relationships with friends and family and become more resilient and self confident?
The cost of being reactive and not managing problems when they arise is huge and takes a toll on your long term health. When you “lose it” or are constantly reactive, you increase stress levels, which in turn decrease your ability to learn effectively. Learning how to become aware of how you manage your feelings or emotions is the first step to self awareness and greater emotional intelligence.
You might feel that teachers, parents or family don’t understand you at all. You know all about IQ -and that it pretty much stays the same for your whole life, but what about Emotional Intelligence? That can be changed! Talking to a professional who understands young adults and the pressures of performing well at school, uni or work can help.
Imagine improving your study scores because you are less stressed. Research shows that when you are stressed, you don’t learn as well or retain information. Imagine too, making better decisions, having a better memory and a more positive outlook on life.
People with positive emotions earn more over the course of their lifetimes. (Diener, E., Social Indicators Research, 2002)
How is this possible?
Here’s how the Social + Emotional Intelligence program works.
It’s a four step process.
- You will get 1:1 sessions with a Social + Emotional Intelligence Certified Coach® – you can be assured these are confidential unless you request a parent to sit in with you and if you are under 18, you must have parental permission.
- After choosing a 2, 4 or 12 month coaching package, we meet and discuss the program with you, learn a little more about you and set up times to meet either in person or by phone or Skype.
- Next you take the online Social + Emotional Intelligence Profile (SEIP)® which will identify your strengths over 26 different competencies and also identify areas that need some further development.
- Over the next few months, we work together on a personalized Action Plan based on the results of your profile. Because everyone is different, results vary between individuals. Your motivation to improve your Social +Emotional Intelligence and to complete the worksheets and to reflect and journal on your progress will enhance your experience.
What else can you expect?
- How to better manage the impact your behavior may be having on people around you.
- How to become aware of and listen to your own Emotional Intelligence skills.
- How to communicate better.
- How to better manage frustration, stress and anxiety and more…….
The Balance4Life Young Adult Coaching Program assists young adults to identify their existing strengths and build up competencies to help them to better navigate their way in the world by becoming more aware of self and others and managing relationships.
Phone or email
Call or email through the contact form to find out more…..
- 0412 655 742 – during business hours