Meg is a therapist who uses a fusion of Hypnotherapy, Reiki, Coaching and other energy based therapies to bring about transformational results for her clients. Specializing in working with clients who are experiencing stress or anxiety and are ready to make long lasting changes on a deeper, soul centered level, Meg creates a space for them to heal. She is also the author of Seeking a Soulful Life and the creator of Seven Circles, a practical and spiritual program to help you find your soul purpose.
Meg is a Reiki Master/Teacher, Hypnotherapist and Coach and has supported many clients over a period of more than 25 years, not only helping her many clients successfully resolve their issues, but most importantly, empowering them by giving them practical tools and strategies to continue to make positive changes in their lives. Her personal journey has taken her half way across the world – twice. As a child she was fascinated by the work of Hokusai and it was not surprising that Meg eventually studied Asian History and Japanese at University as a mature aged student.
After discovering Reiki and the work of Mikao Usui whilst teaching she continued to study various healing therapies. As a result, she discovered alternative ways to address learning difficulties and stress management. Consequently, Meg began to deliver talks both to the teaching profession and at various networking functions. It was not long after leaving the teaching profession behind to concentrate on her Hypnotherapy and Coaching business, that Meg had a “healing crisis” of her own with a cardiac event. Recovering from this, she has found that many of her clients are people who have also had a major health issue and are looking for a more holistic approach to resolve the subsequent anxiety around their health.
Balance4Life evolved from a desire to create a therapy practice where you could access a variety of therapies in the one place. As the practice has evolved, almost all of the clients I see, either 1:1 or online, are seeking natural or energy based solutions that can balance their lives without pharmaceutical interventions or years of counseling therapy.
Qualifications and Recognitions
- Teacher specializing in Japanese, History and English (B.A Arts, Dip Ed Monash, VIT registered)
- Reiki Master/Teacher since 2001
- Diploma of Applied Clinical Hypnotherapy (Academy of Transformational Psychotherapy)
- Professional Hypnotherapy Supervisor (trained by the Goulding Institute)
- NLP Master Coach (Life Beyond Limits)
- Accredited Social and Emotional Intelligence coach (ISEI)
- Diploma of Life Coaching (TCI)
- Polarity Therapy Professional
- Certificate of Adolescent Counseling (Monash University)
- Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment (Holmesglen TAFE)
- Certificate 4 in Business
- Certificate of Classical Homeopathy (Victorian College of Classical Homeopathy)
- Accredited EMF Balancing Technique practitioner (Phases l-lV)
- Touch for Health (1-4 certification)
- was nominated for the Empowering Monash Women’s Award in 2013 for my work in helping to set up the Women’s Friendship Cafe in Clayton for migrant, refugee and Australian women,
- contributed a chapter to a book on health for women of a “certain age” along with other authors including Maggie Beer and Lisa Curry,
- Past President (the first – in 1983 – and currently only female president) of the BMW Motorcycle Club of Victoria
- Professional Clinical member and past committee member of the AACHP,
- Presented about Handling Challenging Behaviours and the connection between Learning difficulties at MYSA Conference 2007
- co-host of the women’s networking group Monday Connections.
- Secretary of the Monash Business Awards
- Past Board member of the Music and Brain Foundation
- Labyrinth builder